Mark E. Richey, M.D., F.A.C.O.G
Dr. Mark E. Richey is a thorough and compassionate specialist with over 20 years experience in the Anchorage, Alaska area. He has held current certifications with the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology since 1994. Dr. Richey was one of the first surgeons in Alaska performing minimally invasive surgery with the introduction of da Vinci Robotic Systems since its introduction in 2005.
Our practice readily accommodates a wide range of gynecologic needs: from helping promote early awareness of the importance of routine care among teenage patients, to care throughout a woman’s reproductive, peri-menopausal and menopausal life.
For patients with stress urinary incontinence, Dr. Richey offers traditional diagnosis and treatment including radio frequency technology or surgery to offer long term resolution. In addition, he is proficient in performing all minimally invasive gynecological surgeries including traditional vaginal and laparoscopic procedures, as well as the state of the art hysterectomy utilizing the da Vinci Robotic Si or Xi platform for complex cases. He is available for proctoring of other physicians in complex cases as well.
- Providence Alaska Medical Center, Anchorage, Alaska
- Alaska Regional Hospital, Anchorage, Alaska
- South Peninsula Hospital, Homer, Alaska
*(All of these facilities may not have the same equipment available)
Dr. Richey has always been very active in the medical community and has served in many posts over the years including Assistant Professor (University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, OB-GYN Department), Associate Director (Senior Medical Student OB-GYN Clinical Clerkship), Alaska Regional Hospital Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology as Chairman, Secretary/Treasurer, the Vice President, the President-elect, and President. He has served as the Society of Alaska Robotic Surgeons Secretary-Treasurer, is a recognized da Vinci Physician Proctor, and continues to be active as a lecturer and speaker for continuing education in the field of obstetrics and gynecology. Dr. Richey has served as a representative to the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology to validate physician board exams.
Education, Training & Professional Certifications:
- COEMIG Designated Surgeon (Centers of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology)
- University of Texas at Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
- Internship, Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dept of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Dallas, Texas
- Residency, Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dept of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Dallas, Texas
- Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Professional Societal Memberships:
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Medical Association
- Alaska State Medical Association
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- American Society for Colposcopy & Cervical Pathology
- Society of Alaska Robotic Surgeons
Practice Coordinator and Medical Assistant
Teresa San Miguel
Receptionist and Surgery Scheduler
Front Office Assistant PRN/Social Media Rep
Certified Medical Assistant
Billing Office & Insurance Inquiries
Sage Consulting Incorporated
(907) 688-2911 phone
(907) 688-2912 fax
Contracted payers: Aetna, Premera Blue Cross of Alaska, Cigna, First Choice Health Network, Multiplan, Beech Street (A Multiplan Network)